Slip-and-Fall Accident Attorney in Orange County
Why File a Lawsuit for a Slip and Fall?
Slip-and-fall lawsuits are legal claims filed by individuals injured in a slip-and-fall accident on someone else’s property. When opening their property to the public, land owners and operators have a legal responsibility to keep it safe for visitors. If property owners fail to take reasonable action, they are negligent and responsible for the resulting damages.
A person may decide to sue after a slip and fall for a variety of reasons.
Seek Compensation for Medical Expenses
Recover Lost Wages
Seek Compensation for Pain and Suffering
Hold the Property Owner or Operator Accountable
Filing a lawsuit can hold the property owner or operator responsible for their negligence. Lawsuits also serve as a deterrent for future careless behavior.
What Do I Need for a Slip-and-Fall Lawsuit?
Seek Legal Help
Common Slip-and-Fall Injuries
- Sprains and strains—when the ligaments or muscles are stretched or torn, especially in the ankles, wrists, and knees;
- Fractures—broken bones, particularly in the hips, wrists, and ankles;
- Head injuries—traumatic brain injuries, concussions, and skull fractures;
- Back injuries—injuries to the spine, such as herniated discs and spinal fractures;
- Soft tissue injuries—bruises, contusions, and abrasions, which can be severe when affecting the muscles, tendons, and ligaments;
- Internal injuries—internal bleeding, organ damage, and other injuries that may not be immediately visible; and
- Psychological injuries—emotional distress, anxiety, and depression.
Slip-and-Fall Injury Treatment
- Rest and immobilization. Injuries like sprains, strains, and fractures may require rest and immobilization of the affected area in a cast or brace to allow the injury to heal properly.
- Physical therapy. After an injury has had time to heal, your doctor may prescribe physical therapy to help regain strength, flexibility, and range of motion.
- Medications. You may be prescribed pain relievers, anti-inflammatory medications, and muscle relaxants to help manage pain and inflammation.
- Surgery. Some cases may need surgery to repair or stabilize an injury.
- Psychological therapy. Slip-and-fall accidents can cause emotional distress and anxiety, which require psychological therapy.
- Rehabilitation. You may need rehabilitation to regain strength, balance, and coordination, especially if the injuries are severe and long-lasting.
Atticus Injury Law: Your Slip-and-Fall Lawyer in Orange County
Slip-and-fall injuries can be some of the most tragic cases in our practice. Injuries can linger for a lifetime because someone failed to maintain their property.
As your attorney, Atticus wants to hear your story and will work to convey the severity of what you’ve lost to the other side or jury. Atticus applies his knowledge and expertise to build a strong case and fight to get you the best possible settlement or award in court. When you choose Atticus Injury Law for your representation, you get personal, compassionate service from a fierce, high-quality attorney. Like his namesake, Atticus Wegman won’t back down until you secure justice.